Board of Trustees March 14, 2019
West Blount Fire & EMS District
The Board of Trustees for West Blount Fire and Emergency Medical Services District met at Fire Station No. 1 on March 14, 2019, and was called to order at 7:00 PM by Greg Reid, chair, with opening prayer by Billy Giddy. All Trustees were present (Marty Stover on speaker phone) plus JJ Ivey, Chief, Melissa Thomas, Treasurer, Diane Cox & Lisa Morgan, Billing Managers.
The minutes of the February 21, 2019 meeting were accepted on motion by Annette Cox, seconded by Billy Giddy.
Financial report – The operating balance for February was $397,085.72. Total receipts were $85,202.91, including dues of $72,932.69. Total expenses were $33,091.50, including payroll of $25,289.30.
The Financial Report was accepted on motion by Annette Cox, seconded by Billy Giddy.
Total calls for February were 110 (including 6 out-of-area -- Locust Fork 2, Bangor 1, Mt. High 2): 53 medical, 27 auto accidents, 1 911, 2 structure fires, 12 investigative, and 15 other.
Other items discussed include:
- The pipe under the driveway at Station 1 was damaged during one of the recent calls and needs replacing, which will cost about $700.
- The two tanker trucks have been traded with Ricetown.
- Engine 1954 does not have a title. The original owner from New York will be contacted to make application for a replacement title. The value has placed at between $20,000 to $30,000.
- Rescue truck 1993 has been valued at $10,000 by Brindley Mountain. After we acquired the vehicle, approximately $7,000 has been invested in upgrading it for our use. The Blount County Coroner has expressed an interest in purchasing the unit for his use, which he said would definitely assist him on his calls. On motion by Annette Cox, seconded by Billy Giddy, $8,000 will be the asking price.
- Hydrant testing will begin in April.
- The pump test will start March 20.
The Chief’s report was accepted on motion by Annette Cox, seconded by Billy Giddy.
Billing Update – At the end of February there were 70 total CLA’s on file. Five new accounts have been added, 4 houses and 1 business. The attorneys have a total of 241 accounts, so far 12 have paid in full, and 173 are ready for liens to be filed. There are 2119 accounts in the system totaling $544,968.75, which include all outstanding dues from the beginning. There were 490 accounts paid off in February.
Fire District Board of Trustees –March 14, 2019 page 2
New Business - none
The next meeting will be April 11, 2019, 7:00 PM at Fire Station 1.
The meeting was adjourned on motion by Annette Cox at 7:30 PM.
Marty Stover (by speaker phone)
5 guests were present
Submitted by Dolores Fort